Support is voluntary, after all the Schoolsplay project is
If you want to support us, please make a donation with PayPal.
Of the Childsplay/CognitionPlay/Schoolsplay family of programs, Childsplay is the one oriented at home users but can also be used in kindergarten schools.
Python and PyGame based, it provides a framework for activities that are more 'game' like: they can have animation and move.
Childsplay has all the activities found in the old childsplay, version < 0.90.
Childsplay provides several features for users and developers of activities:
- memory activities that are fun to play and at the same time learn sounds, images, letters and numbers.
- activities that train the child to use the mouse and keyboard.
- pure game activities like puzzles, pong, pacman and billiards.
- multilingual support, even right to left languages (via Pango).
- solid data logging to monitor the children's progress; locally (SQLite) or over network (MySQL or any other db supported by SQLAlchemy).
- set of OpenOffice reports to print this data (still in development state).
- object oriented framework for easy activity development in Python/PyGame.
- good support by the developers and translators.
Choose your platform of choice:
The Windows binary installer has all the sound files for the different languages included.
For Linux you may want to download them at the bottom of this page.
Click the name to go to a detailed description page about the activity.
||Select the matching images||*/**|
|Lower Case Memory||
||Select the matching small letters||*/**|
|Upper Case Memory||
||Select the matching big letters||*/**|
||Select the matching numbers||*/**|
||Select the matching sounds||*/**|
||Click the fish||*|
||Click the spoken letters||*/**|
||Type the falling letters||*|
||Find the sound||*|
||Flashcards of animals||*|
||Classic Pong game||*|
||Classic PacMan game||* */***|